If you’re looking for a great stash buster that doubles as a wonderful gift, then this pattern is for you! This adorable knitted coffee cup sweater is cute, functional, and super quick to knit up. So grab some of your favorite scrap yarn, and let’s knit!
What You’ll Need
- Any worsted weight yarn. I used Red Heart yarn in the color “gold”
- Size 8, straight knitting needles
- a yarn needle
Pattern (everything except the bow)
- Cast on 16 sts
- Row 1: knit across
- Row 2: k3, p10, k3
- Row 3: knit across
- Row 4: k3, p10, k3
- Row 5: knit across
- Row 6: k3, p10, k3
- Follow this pattern until your work measures about 8 inches long
After you cast off, simply turn your work inside out, and sew the edges together to create a seam. The purl side should not be showing when you do this. After you have sewn it together, weave in the ends, and turn it right side out.
Now for the bow:
- With size 9 needles, and the same yarn, cast on 5 sts
- Knit until your work is about 4 inches long
- Just like you did with the sleeve, turn it inside out, sew the ends together, then turn right side out.
- Tie your two yarn tails in a knot, and snip off the shortest one
- With the one you have left, begin wrapping it around the middle just a few times
- Now place your bow on top of the sleeve
- Continue wrapping yarn around the middle, simultaneously sewing it to the sleeve
- Keep sewing until it is secure, and weave in what is left of the yarn
Now you have a great way to get rid of that huge stash of yarn, and something cute you can gift out to all of your friends this Christmas.